Maybe you’ve finally asked him out on a date. Maybe you and your boyfriend need a new spark. Going on a date is a great way to shake things up. But what should you do if you don’t want to go out for coffee or sit on the couch and watch romantic movies or play Minecraft all evening?
A woman has gathered a few good date ideas for you to read and be inspired by. Before you go, read about the 19 dos and don’ts of a first date, or watch the video below for dating advice.
Easy to activate a date (even without being decidedly sporty). The benefit of an active date is that you get to share some experiences and there is always something to talk about, so you don’t risk the conversation stalling.
Unless you know your date is crazy about windsurfing, water skiing, or bungee jumping, start small and choose something harmless that everyone can enjoy.
Try some of these fun date ideas.
- Rent a rowing boat or a bicycle boat and go rowing.
- Walk in the woods, on the beach, or in the park nearby (possibly take a thermos forearm and find a cozy place to enjoy a cup of coffee together)
- Ride a bike
- Rent a go-kart.
- Climb a wall
- Go ice skating (only in the winter, but it’s fun to skate hand in hand!)
- Another way to have fun on a date is to be cultural. Remember to inform each other that you are not there to see rub and stump, but rather to spend a few hours wandering around.
- Visit a gallery or museum
- Visit a different type of museum – historical, local, geological, zoological, or botanical.
- Visit a sculpture park or an outdoor exhibition.
- Try some beer or wine (the percentages will definitely make the conversation go easier)
- Go to a cultural and fun comedy show (and you are almost guaranteed a good date if you have something to laugh about – together)
The fun date
The core here is to rediscover your inner child. Play dates often have a competitive element to them, so it’s easy to flirt over. But watch out if you’re a bad loser…
Invite him to one of these fun dates:
- Play a game – Ludo, backgammon, Trivial Pursuit, poker, Twister, etc. (Or a board game cafe.)
- Play bowling or mini golf.
- Petanque bar
- Visit Tivoli (or another amusement park)
- Ask him to show you how to best keep the pool queue and you can get quite close.
Going out for a steak or a concert is a classic date idea, but both make it difficult to communicate. And if the purpose of your date is to get to know each other, choose something that allows for breaks and conversation.
You can try one of these fun date ideas:
- Go to a football, handball, or basketball game (not his favorite team’s game, that can get tense!)
- If one of you has a car, go for a walk and pack a picnic.
- Go on a city tour
- Attend a concert to learn more about his musical tastes.
- Go shopping. Nice date idea!
- Enroll in a baking class – it’s much easier to start with something (literally)